Corn Queso Fundido
- 1 Pound frozen sweet corn kernels (3 cups), thawed
- thinly sliced jalapeños, for garnish
- radish matchsticks, for garnish
- finely chopped cilantro, for garnish
- 0.5 Pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- kosher salt
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 poblano chile—stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- corn tortilla chips, for serving
- In a blender, puree half of the corn with 1/2 cup of water until smooth. Strain the puree through a fine sieve into a medium bowl.
- In a cast-iron skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the poblano, onion, remaining corn and a pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until softened and barely browned, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the corn puree and cook, stirring, until bubbling, about 2 minutes. Add the cheese and cook over low heat, stirring, until melted. Season with salt and garnish with cilantro, radish and jalapeño. Serve hot, with tortilla chips.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Chris Court