Coleslaw with Apple and Yogurt Dressing
The mayonnaise is cut with probiotic-and protein-packed Greek yogurt in this tangy slaw that's made with green and red cabbage, which provide fiber, folate, vitamin C, and many more nutrients.
- 8 cup mixed shredded red and green cabbage
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp grated garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp distilled white vinegar
- 0.5 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 0.5 cup thinly sliced scallions (about 4)
- 0.5 cup shredded carrot
- 12 Ounce bag broccoli slaw mix
- 1 green apple, cored
- Combine red and green cabbages, broccoli slaw, carrots, and scallions in a large bowl. Toss to mix well.
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic in a medium bowl until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. DO AHEAD: Slaw mixture and dressing can be made 8 hours ahead. Cover separately and chill.
- No more than 20 minutes before serving, cut core from apple and cut apple into matchstick-size pieces. Add apple to slaw mixture and toss to evenly incorporate. Add dressing (adding earlier will result in a soggy slaw) and toss to evenly coat.
Recipe courtesy of: The Bon Appétit Test Kitchen
Image Credit: Marcus Nilsson