Coffee-Spice Chicken and Fruit-Basil Salsa
- 4 Pound watermelon (3 cup seedless watermelon cubes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (3 pounds)
- 0.75 tsp salt
- 1.25 tsp ground allspice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp grated, peeled fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 1 large ripe nectarine, pitted and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 0.5 cup packed fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped
- In medium bowl, combine watermelon, nectarine, red onion, and lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate while preparing chicken. Makes about 4 cups salsa.
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling over medium heat.
- In large bowl, with spoon or fingers, press coffee to pulverize. Add ginger, oil, allspice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; stir to combine. Add chicken and toss to evenly coat with spice mixture (you may need to pat spice mixture onto chicken with fingers).
- Place chicken breasts on hot grill rack. Cover and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part of chicken is pierced with tip of knife, turning once. Transfer chicken to cut¬ting board and let rest 5 minutes. Meanwhile, stir basil and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt into salsa. Slice chicken crosswise and serve with salsa on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Good Housekeeping Light & Healthy Cooking: 250 Delicious, Satisfying, Guilt-Free Recipes by The Editors of Good Housekeeping/Hearst, 2012.