Coconut Lime Brownie Sundae
A coconut lime brownie served as the perfect base for my sundae. Fudgey, decadent and studded with toasted coconut and lime zest. Great on it’s own, but I was looking for less of a sweet brownie and something with a darker taste.
- 0.5 cup + 2 tablespoons butter
- 0.75 cup flour
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 0.5 cup Smucker's Simple Delight Dark Chocolate ice cream topping
- 0.75 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 0.25 cup coconut, toasted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a double broiler, melt together butter and 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Remove from heat.
- Add 1/4 cup Smucker's Simple Delight Dark Chocolate ice cream topping and sugar to chocolate mixture and stir until well combined.
- Stir in eggs, coconut extract, salt and lime juice and zest.
- Add flour and stir until just combined. Stir in 1/4 cup chocolate chips and toasted coconut.
- Spray 8x8 pan with cooking spray and add brownie batter.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out mostly clean. Let cool for one hour before attempting to slice.
- Assembling Sundaes: Using a brownie as a sundae base, top with two scoops of vanilla ice cream and Simple Delight Chocolate Coconut ice cream topping. Garnish with additional toasted coconut and lime, if desired.
For the full post, visit Melanie Makes.
Compensation for this post was provided by The J.M. Smucker Company via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of The J.M. Smucker Company or AOL.