Classic Sticky Buns
Serving Size: 12
This recipe for Classic Sticky Buns is wonderful: Soft, gooey and truly addictive!
- 1.25 cup hot milk (about 110 F/ 43 C)
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cup all-purpose or plain flour
- 0.25 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 1 packet instant dry yeast
- 0.25 cup warm water
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix milk, sugar, melted butter, salt and egg.
- Add 2 cups of flour and mix until smooth. Add yeast mixture. Mix in remaining flour until dough is easy to handle.
- Knead dough on lightly floured surface for 5 to 10 minutes. Place in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise until doubled in size, usually 2 – 3 hours.
- 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 0.25 cup granulated sugar
- 0.25 cup light brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp melted butter, plus more for pan
- Punch down dough.
- Roll out on a floured surface into a 15 by 9-inch rectangle.
- Spread melted butter all over dough. Mix sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over buttered dough.
- Beginning at the 15-inch side, role up dough and pinch edge together to seal. Cut into 10 – 12 slices.
- Coat the bottom of two baking sheets with butter. Place half the cinnamon buns on each sheet at least 3 inches apart on the baking sheet and let rise until dough is doubled (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Bake on 350f/175c for 20 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the sticky buns to cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
- 0.5 cup golden syrup
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 0.5 cup butter
- 2 Tbsp whipping cream
- To prepare the topping, add the butter, brown sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and the mixture is bubbling.
- Remove from heat, add the cream, mix well to combine.
- Pour this into a greased 9-x-13-inch pan the prepared pan and set aside.
For the full post, visit Erren's Kitchen.