Cinnamon Quinoa Granola
I can not remember the last time I was this obsessed with a granola. Bringing quinoa into the equation changes everything. It adds a texture depth that goes beyond anything I’ve experienced in granola. Even if your cinnamon oats end up soggy then you are still left with crunchy and toasted quinoa bits. This recipe can, of course, be adapted to your liking. Add more fruit or spices depending on what you are into.
- 2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and patted dry
- 0.75 cup pecan, chopped
- 0.25 cup dried blueberries
- 0.33 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp nutmeg
- 0.25 cup coconut oil, in liquid form
- 0.5 cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and spread evenly onto a cookie sheet. Cook for 30 minutes and stir 3 times throughout the cooking process. Remove from oven and let cool completely before moving to an airtight container.
- Serve over yogurt, milk, or fruit. Or just eat it by the spoonful.
Read more from Vegetarian Adventures.