Cinnamon Pecan Coffee Cake
Sprinkle with some powdered sugar and enjoy with your favorite coffee.
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 0.5 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 0.25 cup powdered sugar, optional
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 0.5 cup pecans, chopped or your choice of nuts
- 0.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Spray 9x9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with a light dusting of flour onto the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
- Using an electric or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar. Add beaten eggs and vanilla extract. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together baking soda, flour, and baking powder. Add dry ingredients to mixture and combine. Add sour cream and mix until combined.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, and chopped pecans together to make pecan mixture. Set aside.
- Place half of the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle the top of the batter with half of the pecan mixture. Add remaining batter to pecan mixture and sprinkle the remaining pecan mixture on top of batter. Use a knife to swirl the top of the batter as shown in Step 6 image above.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Using a sifter, sprinkle the top of the coffee cake with powdered sugar. Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
For the full post, visit Deliciously Sprinkled.