Chorizo Stuffed Clams
Serving Size: 2
These chorizo stuffed clams are delicious. Briny, smoky, salty, and all around perfect.
- 12 - 18 Cherry Stone Clams, scrubbed clean (more or less if using a different variety), reserve the juice
- parsley, for garnish
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup almond meal
- pinch of cayenne
- 0.5 tsp paprika
- 4 Ounce chorizos
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 0.5 red bell pepper, minced
- 0.5 red onion, minced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- lemon, for serving
- Preheat your broiler.
- Shuck the clams reserving the juice. Leave clam in bottom shell but loosen the meat for easy eating.
- In a small pan over medium high heat, heat the olive oil. Throw in the onion, red pepper, garlic, chorizo, paprika, and cayenne. Cook until the pepper and onion are soft and the chorizo is browned about 5 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the almond meal and 4-5 tablespoons of the reserved clam juice.
- Top each clam with a spoonful of filling. Place under broiler for 5-6 minutes or until the topping is nice and browned.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
For the full post, visit Wicked Spatula.