Chorizo Brussels Sprouts
- 0.5 cup almonds
- 6 Ounce spicy ground chorizo
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 2 Pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
Recipe has been adapted from Bon Appetit, November 2014 issue.
- Cut the stems off the brussels sprouts. Then, pull as many leaves as you can off the brussels sprouts and collect in a bowl. Quarter the remaining cores and pull apart as much as you can into small pieces.
- In a skillet, gently toast the almonds over low heat just until they become fragrant. Remove from the heat and then roughly chop.
- Next, crumble and brown the chorizo. When it is cooked, remove from the heat and transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel. Wipe the inside with a paper towel to clean out the grease from the chorizo.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in the skillet and cook the garlic and thyme until the garlic is barely golden. Add the brussels sprouts a few handfuls at a time, allowing the batches to wilt before adding another handful. When they’ve all been added, cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Then, remove from the heat and toss with the chorizo, chopped almonds and vinegar. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
For the full post, visit PDXFoodLove.