Parsley power! This feisty little herb is much more than an ordinary garnish. A couple tablespoons deliver more than your daily vitamin K needs, which means stronger bones. Make a pilgrimage to pita Mecca by stuffing this salad inside a pocket with a few slices of avocado.
To see more from Kris Carr, check out kriscarr.com!
- 2 cup romaine heart, chopped
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas (or canned chickpeas, strained and rinsed)
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds, lightly toasted
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp flax oil
- 2 Tbsp white balsamic vinegar
- sea salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- sesame seeds, lightly toasted
Combine all ingredients in a bowl, toss gently, and serve.