Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Serving Size: 14
These chocolate zucchini muffins are not too sweet and somewhat healthy.
- 1.5 cup all-purpose white flour
- 2 eggs, large
- 0.33 cup low-fat or non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 medium. zucchinis (7-inch long), cut into chunks
- 0.33 cup canola oil
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder (used Clabber Girl Baking Powder)
- 3 Tbsp non-alkalized or Dutch-process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus 1½ tbsp. for garnish
- 0.67 cup whole wheat flour (or substitute white flour)
- 0.67 cup chopped walnuts
Recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Muffins slightly adapted from Clabber Girl
- Line standard muffin pan with 12 muffin cup liners or use baking spray to coat pan. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place both flours, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder and ½ cup chocolate chips in a food processor. Pulse until chocolate chips are finely ground. While the processor is running, add canola oil in a low stream. Scrape sides and pulse until combined. Place chocolate mixture in a large bowl.
- Add chopped zucchini to food processor and pulse until finely chopped (you should have about 1½ cups). Add zucchini to chocolate mixture.
- Place eggs and yogurt in processor and pulse until blended. Add to zucchini/chocolate mixture. Mix until just combined. Fold in remaining chocolate chips.
- Divide batter among muffin cups until almost full. Top muffins evenly with 1½ tablespoon of sugar. Bake in middle rack of oven for 20-24 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Keep in airtight container at room temperature for 3 days (If it's hot the sugar tops may melt a bit).
For the full post, visit I Bake He Shoots.