Looking for a way to sweeten up your breakfast? Look no further. Our chocolate granola is the perfect morning treat to kickstart your day. The granola has a great crunchy texture from the combination of oats, cocoa nibs, almonds and shredded coconut. We used maple syrup, a naturally unrefined sugar, to sweeten the granola.
Feel free to use this recipe as a guideline, and customize is to your taste buds. Swap out hazelnuts for almonds, or add dried cherries. All of these ingredients are regular pantry staples, so whip up a batch whenever the craving strikes. Whether you put it on top of yogurt, or eat it plain, we guarantee this chocolate granola is going to be your new favorite snack.
- 0.5 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 0.5 tsp vanilla extract
- 0.25 cup coconut oil or olive oil
- 0.5 cup maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 Tbsp cocoa nibs (optional)
- 1 cup slivered almond
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cup rolled oats
- 0.25 cup cocoa powder
- 0.25 tsp almond extract
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the maple syrup and oil until bubbly. (Watch mixture carefully- you don’t want the maple syrup to burn.) Whisk in cocoa powder. Stir in vanilla & almond extracts.
- Pour liquid mixture over dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Spread granola over baking sheet, stir every 15-20 minutes. After 40 minutes, granola should be evenly toasted and ready to come out of the oven.
Read more from Sweet Loren's.