Chocolate Covered Pumpkin Breakfast Bars
These chocolate covered pumpkin breakfast bars are loaded with whole oats, sliced almond, flaxseed and sunflower seeds!
- 0.67 cup sliced/chopped almonds
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 0.5 cup dark chocolate (can use semi-sweet baking chocolate, dark chocolate chips or favorite dark chocolate candy bar)
- 0.33 cup honey
- 0.25 cup applesauce
- 0.75 cup pumpkin puree
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 cup toasted shredded coconut
- 0.5 cup sunflower seeds
- 0.5 cup ground flaxseed
- 1.75 cup whole oats
- 1 tsp honey (if desired for additional sweetness)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees and grease 9x13 pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients in large bowl, stir. Combine all wet ingredients in smaller bowl, stir. Add wet ingredient to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pans and press firmly with a spatula to evenly fill.
- Bake 10 minutes, then remove from oven and press down firmly with spatula. Bake additional 10 minutes, press firmly with spatula then bake last 5-10 minutes watching carefully to ensure they do not get too dark.
- Let pumpkin bars cool slightly, then melt chocolate and coconut oil (honey if desired) and drizzle over bakes bars. Set bars in refrigerator until chocolate hardens.
For the full post, visit Lemons and Basil.