Chocolate-Covered OREO Cookie Cake
Be warned: According to readers, if you serve this delectable treat as a birthday cake, you'll be starting a tradition. One that's going to be tough to break.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 4 squares BAKER'S semi-sweet chocolate
- 0.25 cup butter
- 8 Ounce PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 0.5 cup sugar
- 2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- 12 OREO cookies, coarsley crumbled
- HEAT oven to 350ºF.
- PREPARE cake batter and bake in 2 (9-inch) round pans as directed on package. Cool cakes in pans 10 min. Invert onto wire racks; gently remove pans. Cool cakes completely.
- MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in small microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 min. or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Cool 5 min. Meanwhile, beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until blended. Gently stir in COOL WHIP and crushed cookies.
- PLACE 1 cake layer on plate, spread with cream cheese mixture. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread top with chocolate glaze; let stand 10 min. or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Kraft Kitchens tips:
This great-tasting cake looks like a giant OREO Cookie.
If chocolate glaze becomes too thick, microwave on HIGH 20 to 30 sec. or until desired consistency.
Enjoy a serving of this indulgent cake on occasion, but keep portion size in mind. One cake makes enough for 16 servings.