Chocolate Chunk Mocha Cookies
Chocolate cookies become deliciously mocha flavored with coffee extract.
- 2 cup flour
- 0.67 cup granulated sugar
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 0.67 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 0.67 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 Ounce semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 tsp coffee extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Beat the butter and sugars in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and coffee extract and mix well. Gradually beat in the flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate and walnuts.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto baking sheets sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or just until cookies are set. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.
Read more from The Daily Meal.