Chocolate Chip Scones
These are possibly even better than the “other” scones. Lighter-than-air (not a sensation one typically associates with scones), melt-in-your-mouth-tender, and just enough chocolate to take them to the next level of deliciousness. And what if I told you that they are even easier to make? No rolling out dough, just some patting into a square-ish shape and cutting into smaller square-ish shapes.
Make these. As soon as possible. You can thank me later. Just not with your mouth full. Which it will be.
- 2 cup flour
- 0.25 cup sugar
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 stick butter – cold, cut into pieces
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 0.75 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 425.
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl. Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut the butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse cornmeal. Using a rubber spatula fold in cream and chocolate chips until just incorporated – do not over mix.
- Pat dough into a square about 3/4 - 1″ thick and cut into 16 even pieces. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until golden brown. Eat as soon as you possibly can – just don’t ruin your dinner like Chelsea and I did.
Read more from Donuts, Dresses and Dirt.