Chocolate Caramel Espresso Muffins
These muffins are great served at room temperature, but they’re wonderful served when still warm or after a quick turn in the microwave. There’s nothing better than biting into the muffin and being greeted by a melty chocolate caramel chip.
- 0.67 cup Dutch process cocoa
- Caramel sauce- homemade or storebought (optional)
- 8 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tsp vinegar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Nestle Toll House DelightFulls Caramel Filled Baking Morsels
- 0.75 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp espresso powder
- 1.25 cup dark brown sugar (you can sub light brown if needed)
- 1.75 cup all purpose flour
- Flaked sea salt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners or grease the cups well.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, flour, brown sugar, espresso powder, baking powder, soda, and salt until no lumps remain. Stir in baking morsels.
- In another bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla, and vinegar. Whisk together until smooth.
- Add the egg mixture and melted butter the dry mixture and stir with a wooden spoon until no white remains.
- Scoop the mixture into 12 muffin cups. It will fill each cup almost to the top. Bake for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffin comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing. If desired, before serving drizzle each muffin with caramel sauce and sprinkle with sea salt.
- These muffins can be served warm or at room temperature. They'll keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
For the full post, visit Neighbor Food.