Chipotle-Rubbed Salmon Tacos
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Apple-Cucumber Salsa
- 1 Hass avocado, mashed
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1.33 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Pound skinless wild Alaskan salmon filet, cut into 4 pieces
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated orange zest
- 2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup finely shredded cabbage
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise with the lime juice. In another small bowl, combine the chipotle powder with the orange zest and sugar. Rub each piece of salmon with 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and then with the chipotle-orange zest mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake for about 8 minutes, until they are softened and heated through.
3. Meanwhile, heat a grill pan. Season the salmon with salt and grill over high heat until nicely browned and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side.
4. Gently break each piece of salmon in half. Spread the mashed avocado on the warm tortillas and top with the salmon, Apple-Cucumber Salsa and the cabbage. Drizzle each taco with the lime mayonnaise and serve right away.