Chinese Hot And Sour Soup
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 1 cup sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1 carton (32 ounces) Swanson® Chinese Hot & Sour Flavor Infused Broth
- 0.33 8-ounce can bamboo shoots, diced
- 1 boneless pork chop, cut into 2-inch matchstick-thin strips
- 0.5 14-ounce package firm tofu, diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Stir the cornstarch and water in a small bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Heat the mushrooms, broth and bamboo shoots in a 4-quart saucepan over medium-high heat to a boil. Add the cornstarch mixture and heat to a boil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Stir in the pork and tofu and cook for 3 minutes or until the pork is cooked through. Stir in the egg. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally with a whisk. Sprinkle with the onion.
Serving Suggestion: To add more spice and heat, serve with your favorite hot sauce.