Chilled Tomato Soup with Tarragon Crème Fraîche
Serving Size: 6
- 4 Pound tomato, quartered and seeded
- 0.5 cup crème fraîche
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 0.25 cup tomato paste
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1.5 Tbsp chopped tarragon, plus tarragon leaves for garnish
- Working in a blender in 2 batches, puree the tomatoes with the vegetable broth, olive oil, tomato paste, red wine vinegar and sugar until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl, season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix the crème fraîche with the chopped tarragon and season with pepper. Ladle the soup into bowls. Top with a dollop of the crème fraîche, garnish with the tarragon leaves and serve.
MAKE AHEAD The soup can be refrigerated for up to 1 day. The tarragon crème fraîche can be refrigerated for up to 2 days; bring to room temperature before serving.
Recipe Credit: Melissa Rubel Jacobson
Image Credit: Petrina Tinsley