The dish is the perfect combination of roasted veggies and protein packed chickpeas.
Adapted from Vegetarian Times
- 1 Pound eggplant, cut into large chunks
- 0.25 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 0.75 Pound zucchini, cut into large chunks
- 1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 Can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine eggplant, tomatoes, zucchini, onion, peppers, garlic, salt and oil in large roasting pan.
- Roast 35 minutes, or until vegetables are lightly browned and tender.
- Combine roasted vegetables and chickpeas in large serving dish.
Notes: May be served hot, warm or at room temperature.
For the full post, visit Melanie Makes.