Chickpea Chili Verde
- 2 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth if you like)
- 0.25 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado
- 0.25 tsp chili powder (optional)
- 0.25 tsp cumin
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 cup salsa verde (used a brand called Herdez)
- 1 Can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 Can white kidney beans (cannellini beans)
- Tortilla chips (optional, for garnish)
- Add the broth, kidney beans, chickpeas, and salsa to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add in the salt, cumin, and chili powder.
- Dice the avocado just before serving.
- When you’re ready to eat it, divide it into bowls and top with avocado and cilantro.
- If you’re saving the leftovers, leave out the avocado and cilantro until serving.
For the full post, visit I Heart Vegetables.