Chickpea and Butternut Squash Coconut Curry over Soba Noodles
- 2 cup cooked, drained chickpeas
- 0.25 Pound sunflower sprouts
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 0.25 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 fresh hot green chilies, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Can coconut milk
- 2 cup peeled, seeded butternut squash, cut into 1 inch dice
- 8 Ounce soba noodles, cooked according to package
- Put olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add garlic, ginger, chilies and cilantro. Stir fry for 1 minute. Add cumin, turmeric and garam masala. Stir for a few seconds then add squash, chickpeas and coconut milk. Season with salt. Turn heat to low, cover pan and cook until squash is tender, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine soba noodles and approximately half of curry. Cook stirring frequently until noodles are warm. Portion into bowls and scoop a generous helping of curry on top off each portion. Top soba noodles and curry with a handful of sunflower sprouts.
NOTES: Boil 1 inch slices of squash for 5 minutes to make it easier to peel. Use a microplane to grate garlic, ginger and chili.
For the full post, visit Brooklyn Vegetarian.