Chicken in Waffles
Serving Size: 6
By now we’ve all heard of chicken and waffles, right? That incredible combo of sweet and savory, all held together by drizzles of sticky syrup? This recipe makes the process a little bit easier, and dare we say…healthier?
- 12 frozen and breaded, fully-cooked chicken tenders
- 2 cup waffle mix
- syrup for drizzling
- pecans for authentic crunch (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the waffle batter according to the box instructions.
- Dip each chicken nugget into the batter and make sure to completely coat it.
- Place it into the waffle iron and pour some waffle batter over it - just enough to coat it and make a normal-sized waffle.
- Let the waffles cook until they’re golden brown and firm. The smell is crazy good!
Read more from Oh, Bite It.