Chicken in Waffles
By now we’ve all heard of chicken and waffles, right? That incredible combo of sweet and savory, all held together by drizzles of sticky syrup? This recipe makes the process a little bit easier, and dare we say…healthier?
- 12 frozen and breaded, fully-cooked chicken tenders
- 2 cup waffle mix
- syrup for drizzling
- pecans for authentic crunch (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the waffle batter according to the box instructions.
- Dip each chicken nugget into the batter and make sure to completely coat it.
- Place it into the waffle iron and pour some waffle batter over it - just enough to coat it and make a normal-sized waffle.
- Let the waffles cook until they’re golden brown and firm. The smell is crazy good!
Read more from Oh, Bite It.