Chicken Tortellini Noodle Soup
This Chicken Noodle Soup is extra special because it uses tortellini instead of plain old egg noodles. It's such a simple, homemade soup recipe but you will love all the flavors coming together. A secret ingredient takes it to the next level!
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 cup peas, thawed from frozen
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Pound skinless, boneless, chicken breast
- 4 cup chicken stock
- 1 garlic bulb, minced
- 1 cup celery, cubed
- 1 cup carrots, cubed
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 Pound cheese filled tortellini (thawed if from frozen)
- In a large dutch oven or pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sauté for a few minutes until fragrant and starting to soften.
- Add the stock and the raw chicken. Season with the bay leaf, soy sauce and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until the chicken is done, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the soup. Shred with two forks and add back to the pot. Bring to the boil again, add the peas and the tortellini and cook for 2-3 minutes or until done. Remove the bay leaf before serving.
For the full post, visit Savory Nothings.