- 8 small skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cup chicken stock or low-sodium broth
- 4 large rosemary sprigs, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 8 clove garlic, halved lengthwise and lightly smashed
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- all-purpose flour, for dusting
- freshly ground pepper
- 0.5 cup Peppadew peppers or other pickled peppers, sliced
1. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dust with flour. In a large skillet, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the chicken and cook over high heat, turning once, until browned and crusty on both sides, about 10 minutes. Add the garlic and rosemary and cook for 3 minutes, until the garlic is lightly browned. Transfer the chicken to a platter, leaving the rosemary and garlic in the skillet.
2. Add the stock to the skillet and cook over high heat, scraping up any browned bits, until reduced by half, about 5 minutes. Add the lemon juice and butter and swirl until emulsified. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Add the peppers and cook, turning the chicken until coated in the sauce, about 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken and sauce to the platter and serve.