Chicken & Saffron Rice
Serving Size: 4
This recipe for Chicken and Saffron Rice is a simple one pot dish that is packed full of flavor! This is a great quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love.
- 4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- a good sized pinch of saffron threads
- 2 Tbsp - 3 Tbsp butter (14-28g)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 cup (240g) cooked chicken cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cup (480g) long grain rice
- a handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- Bring stock to a simmer in a saucepan; add the saffron and leave to infuse.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat and sweat the onion and celery until softened but not colored.
- Add the rice stir until its coated with the oil.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat, stir and leave to cook covered for 15 - 20 minutes until the rice is Al dente and the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff the rice.
- Stir in the chicken and parsley and allow it to warm through the heat of the rice.
- Serve hot.
For the full post, visit Erren's Kitchen.