Chicken Quinoa Meatballs
The meatball is perfect as I can make up a batch, enjoy half of the recipe the same day as cooking and pop the others into the freezer. Just warm up the little balls of goodness, and make some rice or pasta. Baking these meatballs is not only easy, but the clean-up is almost void. No greasy pans to contend with or splattered fat all over the stove. Don’t worry baking meatballs still makes for a golden brown experience. I simmered the frozen meatballs in my favorite tikka masala sauce that I keep on hand, made some rice and had a lovely (and healthy) dinner at home.
- 1 Pound ground chicken
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 egg
- 0.75 cup panko bread crumb
- 0.75 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 carrot, grated
- handful cilantro
- 0.5 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- pinch black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the chicken in a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the salt and pepper over the top.
- Using a food processor mince the garlic, onion and cilantro together. Add to the chicken.
- Add the grated carrot, quinoa, panko, and egg. Mix well using your hands.
- Shape into small meatballs; made 38.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Using kitchen tongs flip the meatballs over.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven.
More from Chez Us.