Chicken Noodle Soup
In addition to broad egg noodles, you can make this heavenly soup with angel-hair pasta broken into short lengths or other shapes, such as alphabet pasta or pastina, or add cooked grains like rice.
- 3 Quart Homemade Chicken Stock, or canned low-sodium chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Ounce medium egg noodles
- Cooked chicken meat, shredded (from Homemade Chicken Stock recipe)
- 0.25 cup chopped fresh dill, or 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 0.25 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Place stock in a stockpot over medium-high heat, and bring just to a simmer. Add carrots, and simmer until tender, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Cook noodles until just tender, about 6 minutes. Drain noodles, and add them to the pot of stock, along with shredded chicken meat. Season with salt and pepper. Heat until very hot. When ready to serve, stir in dill and parsley.
Quick, One-Pot Meal Ideas To Feed the Whole Family
Pucker Up: 25 Ways to Get Sweet on Rhubarb
22 Chicken Dinner Recipes in Less Than 30 Minutes
19 Easy Barbecue Recipes to Make This Season
47 Ways to Maximize Space in Your Kitchen