To Prepare the wing you need to:
- Cut off the wing tip of the chicken wing with your shears or knife. (Tip: Don't discard the wing tips, but save and freeze for chicken stock.)
- Now cut at the joint between the drumette and the center part, the forearm with wither shears or very sharp knife. You now have two pieces.
- Take the drumette and, using a small sharp paring knife, slash and loosen the skin from the bone at the joint. Gently scrape the flesh down and off the bone to push toward the top of the drumette. Leaving the skin on or off is optional. You should have the bone exposed and relatively clean of flesh or tendons. The meat slides back easily once loosened at the joint. Trim off any excess fat or skin you don't want. Set aside and store on ice until ready to cook.
- For the forearm, loosen and slash the flesh at the base of the joint as before. Pinpoint the smaller of the two bones. Gently push back and loosen the meat away from the smaller bone. The meat will also start to slide of the larger bone. With your shears or knife, cut the smaller bone at the top of the forearm. Carefully push back your meat. Again, to use or not to use the skin is optional. Trim off any excess skin or fat.
- Keep all meat chilled or on ice until ready to cook.
To make chicken lollipops:
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Season wings with Kosher salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place the prepped lollipop wings on the paper. Try to sit upright and leave skin, if any exposed, to crisp and brown.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until starting to brown.
- In a dry skillet , add the sesame seeds and lightly toast until just golden. Don't burn. Remove from heat quickly.
- In a small dish, mix the plum sauce and fish sauce.
- Remove chicken from the oven when browned.
- Carefully dip the lollipops into the plum sauce. Try not to get onto the exposed bone, as it will become sticky for guests.
- Place the dipped chicken back on the baking sheet and finish baking for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with tasted sesame seeds.
- Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Serve hot.
Learn how Coco Cooks guarantees the ultimate party presentation.
Read more from Coco Cooks.