- 1 cup granulated sugar, plus more for dusting
- 1 confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- 12 Ounce sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp almond flour or almond meal
- 0.75 cup almond flour or almond meal
- 0.75 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 0.5 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped
- 5 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp granulated sugar, plus more for dusting
- sweetened whipped cream, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Butter a 10-inch round gratin dish and dust it with granulated sugar. In a large bowl, whisk the 1 cup of granulated sugar with the eggs and vanilla seeds. Whisk in the all-purpose flour, almond flour and salt until just incorporated. Add the milk and cream and whisk until light and very smooth, about 3 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared gratin dish and arrange the cherries on top.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the clafoutis is set and golden. Let cool. Dust with confectioners’ sugar, cut into wedges and serve with whipped cream.
MAKE AHEAD: The clafoutis can be wrapped and refrigerated overnight. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe Credit: Belinda Leong
Photo Credit: Christina Holmes