Cheesy Kale Prosciutto Brunch Melts with Eggs
These cheesy kale prosciutto brunch melts may look relatively elaborate––and they are way more impressive than your average piece of dry toast. But if you take just ten minutes to prepare the “melt mixture” the night before, you’ll be all set the next morning. Just lightly toast a couple English muffins, slather on the melt mixture, put it under the toaster oven for a few minutes, and cook a couple eggs while that’s going. Almost as easy as pouring cereal, and way WAY better.
- olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 cup (packed) chopped kale, tough stems removed
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 Ounce cream cheese, softened
- 4 Cobblestone Bread Co. English Muffins, split in half and lightly toasted
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 4 eggs
- In a pan over medium heat, heat a couple tablespoons of olive oil and add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute, and add the chopped kale. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and cook the kale until tender and wilted.
- Add the cooked kale to a mixing bowl along with the grated cheddar and cream cheese. Stir to combine. Spread the mixture onto each of the lightly toasted English muffin halves, and broil on low for 3-4 minutes, until golden.
- While that’s happening, add a little oil to a skillet over medium heat and cook the eggs sunny side up. To serve, tear some prosciutto over the top of the melts and serve with eggs.
For the full post, visit The Woks of Life.
Compensation for this post was provided by Cobblestone Bread Co. via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Cobblestone Bread Co. or AOL.