Chai Spiced Doughnut Muffins
- 0.25 cup unsalted butter
- 0.67 cup whole wheat flour
- 0.25 cup all-purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 0.75 tsp kosher salt
- 0.25 tsp ground cardamom
- 0.25 tsp allspice
- 0.5 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 0.33 cup light brown sugar
- 0.5 cup granulated sugar
- 0.25 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
Recipe adapted from King Arthur Flour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease mini muffin tins with non stick spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter, oil, granulated sugar and light brown sugar with the paddle attachment until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together spices, baking powder, baking soda, all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour. With the mixer on low, slowly add the milk and dry ingredients to the butter mixture, alternating between milk and dry ingredients. Be sure to start and end with milk. Beat until just combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 10-11 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the muffins comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool before removing from tins.
- For the Chai Spiced Topping: Melt 3 tablespoons of butter. In a small, shallow dish mix 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar with 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice and 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom. Dip the tops of the cooled muffins in the melted butter and then into the sugar and spice mixture. Allow topping to set for a few minutes before serving.
- Top muffins with Chai Spiced Topping and enjoy!
For the full post, visit Jelly Toast.