Celery, Radish and Herb Salad
- 1 large bunch celery, with leaves (about 2 pounds)
- 3 or 4 medium radishes
- 2 Tbsp lightly packed fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 2 Tbsp lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1.5 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil?
- 0.5 small lemon
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 0.125 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Ounce Parmesan cheese
- Remove the 6 or 7 outermost dark green celery stalks and reserve for another use. Cut the core away from the remaining paler, leafy stalks. Slice them thinly on the bias, only coarsely chopping the leaves, and place the sliced stalks and leaves in a large bowl.
- Slice the radishes thinly and add them to the bowl along with the parsley. Tear any larger mint leaves in half and add the mint to the bowl.
- Drizzle with the oil, the juice of the lemon (about 1 tablespoon), salt, and pepper and toss to combine.
- Shave the Parmesan cheese with a vegetable peeler into thin, wide strips. Serve the salad garnished with the Parmesan shavings.
Image Credit: Quentin Bacon