Carrots with Caraway Yogurt and Wheat Berries
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.25 tsp caraway seed
- 0.75 cup plain whole-milk Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp chopped chive
- freshly ground pepper
- 1.5 Pound young carrots, scrubbed
- sea salt
- 1 Tbsp sweet Hungarian paprika, plus more for garnish
- 4 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cup cooked wheat berries
- In a medium saucepan, heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion and garlic and cook over moderate heat until softened, about 6 minutes. Add the 1 tablespoon of paprika and a generous pinch of salt and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add 4 cups of water and the carrots and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat until tender, about 20 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drain the carrots and transfer to a platter. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of the chives.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the remaining 1 tablespoon of chives and season with salt and pepper. In a small skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the caraway and toast over moderate heat until fragrant, 1 minute. Drizzle the caraway oil over the yogurt and sprinkle with paprika. Serve the carrots with the yogurt and wheat berries.
Recipe Credit: Sarah Copeland
Image Credit: Anders Schonnemann