Carrot Cake Protein Pancake
It's amazing how easily the batter comes together with the Magic Bullet, and the great nutrient content.You could use shrededd carrot in the recipe instead, just squeeze it as dry as possible to remove most of the moisture. Optional toppings: cream cheese, almond butter, syrup, cinnamon.
- 0.25 cup oats
- pinch salt
- 0.25 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp cinnamon
- 0.25 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp brown sugar (or raw sugar, or artificial sweetener as desired)
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 2 egg whites
- 0.25 Tbsp carrot pulp (or shredded carrot)
- 2 Tbsp protein powder
- nuts or raisins, optional
- Combine all ingredients (except nuts and raisins, if using) in a small blender, mixing well.
- Add liquid as needed to achieve a thin batter consistency.
- Pour into in a skillet over medium-low heat, add nuts and raisins if using. Cook 3-4 minutes on the first side until bubbles appear in the middle. Carefully flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Optional toppings: cream cheese (I used light), almond butter, syrup, cinnamon.
Read more from Live and Love to Eat.