Roasted carrots and raw avocados are an unexpected, if increasingly popular, combination. The grapefruit dressing adds tang and sweetness and roasted almonds add healthy crunch.
- 0.25 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 0.33 cup chopped parsley
- 0.25 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1.5 Pound medium carrots, cut into 1/4 -inch-thick rounds
- Freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt
- 1.5 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp finely grated grapefruit zest
- 3 Tbsp fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 medium Hass avocados, peeled and cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, grapefruit juice and coriander.
- On a baking sheet, toss the carrots with 3 tablespoons of the dressing. Spread the carrots in a single layer and roast for about 20 minutes, turning once, until golden and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the almonds, grapefruit zest and parsley. Transfer the carrots to a platter along with the avocados. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, top with the grapefruit gremolata and serve.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: Christina Holmes