Carnaroli Risotto with Black Truffles from Perigord
Serving Size: 4
- 0.25 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 cup chives, minced
- 4 Ounce butter
- 0.5 cup parmesan Reggiano, grated
- 0.5 cup olive oil, for finishing
- 1.5 Quart chicken stock or fish stock
- 4 Ounce white wine
- 12 Ounce Carnaroli Rice
- 0.5 cup Spanish onion, finely diced
- 1 each black perigord truffle
- Heat the chicken stock to a simmer and turn off.
- In a large sauté pan or sautoir, sweat the onions over medium heat with the first installment of olive oil until translucent, about 6 minutes. Season with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- Add the rice and turn the heat to medium high. Stir the rice and allow it to toast until it becomes nutty and aromatic. Add the white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan to prevent sticking of the rice. Cook the white wine until it has completely evaporated and return the heat to medium.
- Add a ladle at a time of chicken stock, enough to just come to the surface of the rice. Stir the rice constantly until the grains are al dente and the rice is creamy.
- Finish with parmesan cheese, and then turn the heat off and emulsify the butter and remaining olive oil by vigorously whipping the rice using a spatula or wooden spoon. Fold in the chives, and reseason. Shave the truffles over the top of the risotto. Serve immediately.