Caramelized Onion and Spinach Artichoke Quesadillas
Spinach artichoke dip lends extra creaminess to these vegetarian quesadillas packed with caramelized onions and peppers.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cup spinach
- 4 large flour tortillas
- 0.5 cup spinach artichoke dip (like La Terra Fina Spinach Artichoke Dip, Jalapeno Artichoke Dip, or Greek Yogurt Spinach Dip)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp butter
- cilantro, jalapeno, and salsa for serving
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell peppers and saute, stirring every five minutes, for 25-30 minutes, or until onions are soft and golden brown in color.
- Add the spinach and saute until wilted, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread one side of each tortilla with 2 Tablespoons La Terra Fina dip. Sprinkle with ¼ cup of cheese. Divide the spinach and onion mixture evenly among the four tortillas, placing the vegetables over half of the tortilla.
- Heat a large flat skillet over medium high heat. Add a prepared tortilla to the skillet and cook until the cheese is melted and the bottom is speckled with brown spots. Fold the tortilla in half, flipping the cheese side over the vegetables. Use a spatula to press the edges together. Remove from heat. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Serve quesadillas warm with sliced jalapeno, cilantro, and salsa.
For the full post, visit Neighbor Food.