Caramelized Figs & Goat Cheese Pizza with Balsamic Glaze
A couple of weeks ago, I came home to a delicious pizza made with caramelized figs. A perfect combination of sweet and savory. So creative!
- 16 Ounce whole wheat thin pizza crust
- 0.25 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 0.25 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 4 medium strawberry, sliced in half
- 1.25 cup baby arugula
- 1.33 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.33 cup brown sugar
- 8 green or black mission fig
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Drizzle olive oil on pizza crust. Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Bake for about 6-8 minutes
- In the mean time, slice the figs into thirds and dip slices in brown sugar making sure they’re well coated.
- Arrange fig slices in a large hot non stick skillet. Cook the figs at medium heat for about 3 minutes, until they start to caramelize.
- Turn them over, add balsamic vinegar and lemon juice and continue cooking another 3-4 minutes. Set aside. (Note: Don’t skip the lemon! It will keep the sugar from crystallizing)
- Once the pizza crust is out of the oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese. Top with baby arugula, caramelized figs, strawberries, feta and goat’s cheese. Season again with salt and pepper for extra flavor.
- Bake at 400F for about 7 minutes, until the cheeses melt and the arugula starts to wilt.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze.
- 0.5 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- In a small sauce pan, combine balsamic vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and cook for about 10 minutes until it reduces to about a half.
- Set aside (it will thicken as it cools).
Read more from May I Have That Recipe.