Cabernet-Cherry-Chocolate Almost Healthy No-Bake Cookies
Serving Size: 24
- 1.75 cup affordable, readily available Cabernet Sauvignon (Justin prefers the Robert Mondavi Private Selection)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 12 Ounce granola
- 11.5 Ounce milk chocolate morsels
- 1.5 tsp salt
- In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, cook the wine and cherries until the cherries soak up a lot of the wine, 6–10 minutes. Be very careful, as the wine- cherries mix can ignite. Just relax and don’t put your face over the pot.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the cherry mixture, granola, salt and morsels. Stir until evenly dispersed.
- Microwave at half power in one minute intervals, stirring between intervals, until the chocolate is melted and the whole kit is gooey and you want to eat it with a spoon. this shouldn’t take more than 2–3 minutes if the cherry-wine combo was still hot when you added it.
- Using gloved hands, form the mix into cookie shapes, and place on a wax-paper- lined baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Pour a glass of Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Devour cookies.