Butternut Squash Salad with Hazelnuts
- 3.5 cup diced butternut squash
- 2.5 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 Tbsp snipped chives
- 3 Ounce prosciutto, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 medium head frisée, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cup baby arugula (3 ounces)
- 0.5 cup blanched hazelnuts
- freshly ground pepper
- kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp hazelnut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 425°. On a baking sheet, toss the squash with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Roast for 20 minutes, until tender. Spread the hazelnuts in a pie plate and toast for 6 minutes, until golden. Let cool, then chop.
2. In a large bowl, toss the arugula, frisée, prosciutto, chives, hazelnuts and squash. In a small microwave-safe bowl, mix the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the vinegar and hazelnut oil and season with salt and pepper. Microwave the dressing until hot, about 1 minute. Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well and serve.