Butternut Squash Gnocchi with Brown Butter Sage Sauce
Serving Size: 6
- 2 large Idaho potato
- 0.67 cup butternut squash/pumpkin puree
- 0.33 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 0.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cup flour
- 0.5 Pound unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 Tbsp fresh sage leaf, minced
- shaved Parmesan cheese
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F and bake potatoes for 1-1 1/2 hours, allow potatoes to dry out. Remove and allow to cool until you can handle. Split in half, scoop flesh, and press through a ricer. Let cool completely on a sheet trim being speed out.
- Add next 4 ingredients in a stand mixer and combine with paddle attachment. Gradually add flour until dough is slightly sticky. Add potatoes and mix until firm, but still malleable. If still a touch wet, add a little flour.
- On a dry surface, knead dough together for 30 seconds. Cut into small balls, roll out, and cut into bite size pieces. Bring a pot of salted water to boil, and cook until the first 2-3 float to the top.
- For the sauce, in a large saute? pan, put butter and sage over medium high heat. When starting to melt, swirl around the butter and let the sage cook until crispy and the butter turns slightly brown. Toss hot gnocchi in butter. Garnish with cheese.
Get a free printable with holiday recipes from our favorite celebrated chefs.