Butter Bean Salad with Lime and Mint
- 6 cup fresh butter beans or three 10-ounce boxes frozen baby lima beans
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 6 Tbsp buttermilk
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup chopped mint
1. Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the butter beans and cook until they are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and rinse the beans under cold running water. Drain well and pat the beans dry.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lime juice and buttermilk; season the dressing with salt and pepper. Add the beans, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Fold in the mint before serving.