- 6 Ounce bucatini or perciatelli
- 2 Tbsp coarsely chopped parsley
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 Tbsp freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, plus more for serving
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 clove garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 shallot, very finely chopped
- 4 Ounce pancetta, sliced 1/4 inch thick and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving 3 tablespoons of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil. Add the pancetta and cook over moderate heat until most of the fat has been rendered, 7 minutes. Add the shallot and garlic and cook over moderate heat for 1 minute. Add the cream and simmer over moderate heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add the hot pasta to the skillet and stir to coat, 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in the reserved pasta cooking water, the 2 tablespoons of grated cheese and the egg yolks. Season with salt. Divide the pasta into bowls and sprinkle with parsley and pepper. Serve, passing more cheese at the table.