Bubble Sundaes with Peach-Blueberry Compote
- 2 cup water
- pinch of salt
- 0.25 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, smashed
- 2 cup blueberries
- 4 peaches—peeled and diced
- 0.5 cup medium pearl tapioca
- 1.25 cup sugar
- 1.5 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2.5 Pint vanilla ice cream, for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine the water with 1 cup of the lemon juice and 1 cup of the sugar and bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Add the tapioca and cook over moderate heat, stirring often, until the pearls are plumped and tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the tapioca from the heat and let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Do not refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in another medium saucepan, combine the diced peaches, blueberries, smashed ginger and salt with the remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1/4 cup of sugar and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderately low heat until the compote is deep purple and slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Scrape the compote into a heatproof bowl and let cool completely. Pick out the ginger.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into glasses or bowls and top with the peach-blueberry compote. Garnish the sundaes with the tapioca and serve.
MAKE AHEAD: The peach-blueberry compote can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Recipe Credit: Bill Kim
Image Credit: John Kernick