Brussels Sprouts with Sausage and Cumin
These super fast skillet-cooked brussels sprouts tastes wonderful with sausage and a citrusy honey glaze.
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 14 brussels sprouts (10 ounces), trimmed and halved
- Kosher salt
- 6 Ounce sweet Italian sausage (2 links), casings removed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 0.25 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp honey
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the brusssels sprouts and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over moderately high heat, stirring once, until golden, 4 minutes. Add the sausage, oregano and cumin. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the brussels sprouts are caramelized and tender and the sausage is cooked through, 3 minutes longer. Stir in the orange juice and honey to coat the sprouts. Transfer to plates and serve warm.
Recipe Credit: Ana Sortun
Image Credit: Christina Holmes