Brussels Sprout Tortilla
Serving Size: 6
This easy tortilla (Spanish frittata) from Kay Chun gets a nice flavor from a bit of pimentón (smoked paprika) stirred into the eggs before baking.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- thinly sliced scallions, for garnish
- 1 tsp pimentón de la Vera
- large eggs, beaten
- kosher salt
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small baking potato, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 0.5 Pound brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (about 3 cups)
- hot sauce, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375°. In a large ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the brussels sprouts, potato and onion and season with salt and pepper. Cover and cook over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are golden and tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the eggs and pimentón and transfer to the oven. Bake for 10 minutes or until set. Garnish with scallions and serve with hot sauce.
Recipe Credit: Kay Chun
Image Credit: John Kernick