Brown Butter Pistachio Financiers
- 7 Ounce unsalted butter, plus more for coating
- sweetened whipped crème fraîche, for serving
- pinch of salt
- 0.5 cup cake flour
- 1 cup toasted unsalted pistachio
- 0.25 tsp pure almond extract
- 3 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 0.75 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus more for coating
- fresh berries, for serving
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Butter and flour 36 mini muffin cups. In a saucepan, cook the 7 ounces of butter over moderate heat, shaking the pan, until the milk solids begin to brown, about 5 minutes. Scrape the butter and browned solids into a bowl and let cool. Whisk in the brown sugar, egg whites, granulated sugar and almond extract.
- In another bowl, whisk the pistachios with the 1 cup of all-purpose flour, the cake flour and the salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the brown butter mixture until combined.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups and bake for about 15 minutes, until risen but still slightly soft in the center. Let cool slightly, then invert onto a rack to cool. Serve the financiers with crème fraîche and berries.
Recipe Credit: Kristen Kish
Image Credit: Tara Fisher