Breakfast Hash Browns
- 2 cup peeled and shredded potato
- 0.25 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 egg, whisked well with a fork
- 0.25 cup oil for frying, or as needed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the shredded potato salt, pepper, onion, flour and egg until well combined.
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. When oil is sizzling hot, place potatoes into the pan and spread to cover evenly the whole bottom of the pan. Cook until well browned on the bottom, then flip over and brown on the other side taking approximately about 7 to 8 minutes to cook each side.
- You could alternatively do smaller portions at a time by dividing the potato mixture into 7 to 8 portions and then cooking them separetely on the pan. Remove from pan, and drain on paper towels and serve hot. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Read more from Archana's Kitchen.